Monday, October 16, 2006

Sunday October 15: MoMA

As of today I am officially a MoMA (Museum of Modern Arts) member, which means that will be able to enter for free and that I will be invitated to pre-view certain exhibitions. Visiting MoMA was nr1 priority on my to-do list.

MoMA's main section covers paintings & sculpture from late-impressionism to contemporary art. The museum was completely renovated in 2004.































MoMA has one of the most comprehensive Modern Art collections in the world. Picking the work that I was mostly looking forward to : Jasper Johns's "target with four faces" (1955), a painting with newspaper on canvas, to which Johns added 4 plaster faces. A stunning painting which to me [not being an expert] already shows the first signs of pop-art (which would only start a few years later). Anyway, since most of you are probably not interested in the details, here's the picture:



Oh, and just for Olivier (Campo) : I saw Donald Judd's minimal art and the craftmanship is indeed almost perfect (although I read somewhere that he didn't actually made his works, he only designed and drew them?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home