Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday October 16: First day in the NY office

Well, to be honest, I haven't done a lot today, the day started with a tour of the office. The Bain NY office is changing so fast that they have put red Bain flags on the desks of people that joined recently. Everywhere you walk in the office you see these flags. No wonder they ask all 'new' people to spontaneously introduce themselves to other people...

I lunched with a couple of colleagues at an Asian place of which I have forgotten the name. Food was great though. Slightly annoying was the waiter who apparently believed he was a Broadway actor & therefore accompanied every message with a 5 minute monologue [I've been told a lot of aspirant actors take on 'temporary' jobs as waiters]

I also discovered a Belgian bar, called BXL, 200m away from Times Square. I'll check that out later.

Just returned back to the hotel & I have got a ticket for a FREE Scientonometric(tm) testing. I wonder why these Scientology people are so friendly to give away free IQ & personality tests in this city where you have to pay for everything :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home