Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday October 22: South street seaport & Brooklyn Bridge

Although Brooklyn Bridge hasn't been the longest NY bridge for a long time, it's still the most impressive one. I took the walk today from the Manhattan side (which is located at city hall) to Brooklyn and I must honestly say that I underestimated the lenght of the bridge somewhat (didn't walk back but I mistakenly got on the wrong subway again... I blame it on the unclear subway signs...)


This old man (76 years old) seemed to know the lenght of the bridge and he's using the bridge as preparation for the NY marathon in 2 weeks (which I plan to go to when Bart is here):






Before I got onto the bridge, I visited the South Street Seaport (with Pier 17) , a couple of ancient warehouses that have been transformed into a nice shopping area. Unfortunately a lot of shops were closed because it was Sunday. I did however had a terrific lunch in a Cuban tapas bar called 'Salud!' and even the bill was affordable for one time...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home